Like many communities in Central Ohio, Hilliard is growing rapidly and has high expectations for planning and future development. In an effort to proactively manage anticipated growth and change over the next decade, the City has launched Hilliard by Design, a major update to the City’s 2011 community plan.
The planning process has kicked off with Ideas Week, an opportunity for community members to participate in in-person or virtual workshops to share their thoughts on big picture questions such as:
- How much further west does the City grow and what does that growth look like?
- How does the City continue to make its historic center more distinctive and vibrant?
- How does the City better utilize areas near the interstate and create more inviting gateways along its major corridors?
- What are the fiscal implications of different development choices?
- How does the City leverage its connections to regional trails and make walking and biking a viable and attractive transportation option?
Input will help to inform the focus of preliminary analysis and next steps in considering specific projects, policies and programs that can guide the County with respect to the character of its physical environment, economic development, transportation infrastructure and more. Public engagement will continue to be a central component of the work throughout the 16 to 18-month planning process.
Planning NEXT is facilitating this exciting work with a team includes Burgess & Niple, Toole Design, Urban 3 and McBride Dale Clarion.